I need help!
Looking at the yarns I have in bigger quantities, there is:
- one more skein (100g) of the Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend. The first skein was made into a scarf, so I'm looking for something different to do with this
- 6 balls of a moss-green cotton (300g, approx. 780m), which was bought for a now-frogged cardigan.
- 3 balls of a medium-weight sock yarn (300g, 1170m), which was bought for a lightweight blanket which I'm no longer sure would work... I probably want to keep one or two balls for a blanket and add some contrasting yarn to make it more interesting. The colours in the yarn are close to those I often wear.
- various baby dk yarns, mainly acrylic and shades of cream, pastel blue and green
- and I've inherited 10 balls of Patons Diploma Gold dk in a nice blue-green shade (just under 1200m) which I'm not sure how to use.
I've realised I'm probably a process knitter, but I do still want to make something useful or which can be given and appreciated...
- I'd quite like a more interesting project, to balance some of the garter stitch knits I've been making recently.
- I'm going to a family wedding in August which could be an opportunity for a wrap or shrug, but I don't know what colour my outfit will be yet.
- I'm going to be an aunt for the first time later this year - I gave my brother and his wife a blanket when they were married so I've been thinking about making a similar idea for the baby...
- I always seem to know a few people expecting babies these days - some of them may appreciate small knitted pressies.
- I like scarves but find them a bit frustrating towards the end. I've probably knitted as many cowls as I need for now; that feels a bit more of an autumn/winterish knit than a spring project.
- I've been admiring a few shawl patterns although I'm not sure how/if I'd wear one myself. Can I find something interesting to knit which could be worn wrapped around my neck instead?
- I don't enjoy sewing in loose ends or doing lots of seams.
- We have a short holiday coming up so something portable would be nice for that.
I'll keep searching but any suggestions will be very welcome!