Wednesday 23 January 2013

Biting the bullet

Well, I've started on a new pattern for the Silk Blend.  I decided to have a go at a Chinook Scarf, and have done two pattern repeats this evening.  It's a bit early to say what I think of it yet, but I'm happy to have a go.


My plan is to make the whole scarf out of one skein or so, and probably use the remaining skein for a pair of mitts or a hat or something similar.

I've also been working on the BSJ, which is a favourite for me.  I love the simplicity and elegance of the design, and it's great for when I'm chatting with friends and don't want to concentrate on a complex knitting pattern.  This picture was taken a couple of days ago; I'm almost ready to decrease for the neck now.


So... just a quick post again because it's getting late, but I'm pleased to be able to see some progress in the stash-busting.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to make lots of granny squares from the acrylic yarn, or if it's better to donate most of it to a local charity.  It's not worth anything to sell but perhaps there have been a couple of community yarn-bombs recently so they may appreciate some extra yarn for that.



1 comment:

  1. Pretty pattern for your gorgeous yarn.
    Enjoy both projects.

    ReplyDelete